The goal of the Independent Learning Academy is to offer a standards-based, student-focused, academic option to all students in our community. We are committed to providing individual academic plans to ensure success for all K-12 students.
K-12 CURRICULUM SUPERVISED BY A HIGHLY-QUALIFIED TEACHER
- Weekly appointments with a teacher to collaborate and assess work.
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate traveling or athletics.
- Elementary students are able to participate in enrichment activities at their home school (art program, music, field trips, assemblies, leadership, and spelling bee).
- Middle school students have the opportunity to take coursework at South Tahoe Middle School that is not offered through independent study (language, music, lab science).
- Participation in athletics and extracurricular activities (dances, assemblies) welcome.
- High school students can blend classes through Independent Study, South Tahoe High School and Lake Tahoe Community College to achieve credit status necessary to graduate.
- Participation in athletics, drama department, and all extracurricular activities welcome.
- Teachers’ aide available to students in quiet environment for study time away from home.
- Special education services available on-site each week.
- Math tutoring/CAHSEE (California High School Exit Exam) preparation available twice a week.
- State testing – Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBAC) and California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE) offered through the program.
- Academic assessments available.